Saturday, February 4, 2012

But Lord, You Know...


This is the reply given by many youths when called by God to serve Him: 'But Lord, You know...' What comes next usually sounds like this; 'I’m still so young', 'My English is not good', 'I’ve done so many bad things', 'I will lose my friends', 'My family would turn against me,' etc.

A man by the name of Moses also found himself in a similar situation when he was called upon by God. Moses had more than one or two reasons for him to say to God; 'You know...' To speak of a few: Moses stuttered in his speech, he was a foreigner, he was adopted, he was poor, he worked for his father-in-law and he was also a murderer. Moses could have used any of these circumstances as an excuse of being unfit to be used by God.

Although the circumstances may not exactly be the same, many youths may be able to match their current situation close to the one of Moses. However, despite our complexes, the question we should be asking ourselves is, If God used a man like Moses, then why can’t He use me?”.

"For you see your calling, brethren, that not many wise according to the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called. But God has chosen the foolish things of this world to put to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of this world to put to shame the things which are mighty; and the base things of the world and the things which are despised God has chosen, and the things which are not, to bring to nothing the things that are, that no flesh should glory in His presence." (Corinthians 1:26-29)

Understand from this passage that God is not looking for perfect people. In fact we see that He uses those who are considered useless according to this world. The poor, weak, basic, small! He raises up such people and through their testimony, His name is glorified. Jacob, Moses, David, Joseph, Gideon, Hannah. You maybe despised, neglected, unskilled, uneducated or abused; but God is still calling you. The only missing piece is your decision. Even though God may be calling us, it is up to you to answer Him. You must want Him.

The key is sacrifice. Usually when God speaks to us, most people see it as the pastor’s words and therefore ignore God’s instructions. Just like Moses’ sacrifice was to return to Egypt, the land in which he was wanted for murder; your sacrifice will not be easy. You may have to end certain friendships, to let go of grudges, deprive your enjoyment, confessing to something you did... Whatever it might be, just as Moses went down into Egypt, we will have to do what God asks of us.

The situation that led up to Moses’ encounter with God came about because he refused to be called the son of pharaoh’s daughter, as well as to refuse the luxuries that come with that title.

"But by faith Moses, when become of age, refused to be called the son of pharaoh’s daughter, choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God than to enjoy the passing pleasures of sin, esteeming the reproach of Christ greater riches than the treasures in Egypt; for he looked to the reward." (Hebrews 11:24-26)

Like Moses refused to be called the son of Pharaoh’s, how many of you are ready to say no to the things that are not of God. Are you ready to reject your will, pay the price and turn your back to sinful pleasures? Would you put more value in what Jesus has in store for you or what the world has to offer?

Everyone in this world will one day pay a price, either for good or for bad.


Luke Castro
YPG National Coordinator


3 comments:

Chrissy2497 said...

This is is soooo good, I don't know where to start!!! First of all, it amazes me how God does things. He uses those unlikely people that nobody would suspect to do extraordinary things. I love that!! I really wish I had that mentality when I was younger. I would have ran with it. My dream was to sing but me being just like so many teens today, I thought, ” what me, be successful, a star, noticed for my voice and not my body....nah, never!” Dumb! Who knows where I would be now. Listen to what you've heard...these Pastors aren't just talking crazy, this is what God has spoken to them for us. If that word was never dispersed, who would be missing out us, or the Pastor, youth leader, parent? Us! I've many mistakes, learned from them and never turned back. I reject my will for what's better....God's will for me!

samantha said...

Hello all, I'm Samantha from SIMEON POMPANO BEACH, FL

And I totally agree. I love the unique way that our Lord above works. His unique way of choosing people to be his servers. All through history he looks at people as sees what's really on the inside and what everyone is capable of. And I love that about him.

Genesis J. Vielman said...

While reading the passage Hebrews 11:24-26
I was meditating in it... and asked myself from where did Moises had the strenght to over come so much temptation and refusal from the people's critics since he did not have the bibble to be guided from nor testimonies like we do today. And still overcame... because he really wanted it and understood the meaning of sacrificing...
If God called us is because he sees something in us that he can't see in others. Thank you

Well good night:)