Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Beatz & Barz - True Role Models?



Last Sunday we just concluded the Beatz & Barz topic, which took us 3 weeks to discuss and ponder very well on what goes in to our ears. 

It's been an eye opener for many. Reading the lyrics on the big church screen made us understand how the devil works through most artists in order to spread his venom. 

Those lyrics are like spells that end up dictating the way many young people live their lives.

The devil needs to voice his opinion. He needs a mouth to speak out his mind. And how could he do that unless he uses an 'instrument' that can do such think, someone or something that has the power to express himself, like us, humans?  

Animals can't do that. We're the only option. And make no mistake, his intent is to corrupt everything God created.

And that's why he uses music. Music was God's creation. The cherubs worship Him in the heavens daily. Lucifer was one of them. He knows how powerful music is and how it can influence people.

Just like God uses a person who is filled with His Holy Spirit to do wonders in this world the devil also uses people to express himself. And what better way to do that than music?

Observe how nowadays certain artists raise to glory in couple of weeks? For example, Lady Gaga. Who was this woman a year ago? She wasn't known to many. Now she's won more statuettes than many other singers who have been around for a long time.

Why? How? Simple. The devil needs to spread his poison as quick as possible for he knows that Jesus return is at hand.

Oh please, don't tell me she's a good role model... Wake up my friend! Pay attention to her song lyrics.

She is one among hundreds of bad role models. Every time you listen to their music you're actually drinking (filling your mind) of their spirit (ideas). 

Most singers release couple of nice songs in order to make them look good. You say that you don't do what the lyrics of a particular song suggests, but then why listen to them? It's like you agree to those disgusting words.

Choose what you listen to carefully. We're not saying you should stop listening to music. We're just advising you to be careful to what goes in to your brain.

Luke Castro
YPG National Coordinator

10 comments:

JDO said...

I'm a YPG member from Aurora,IL. I've been following the Beatz & Barz theme very closely since I like music. I used to be a Dj/promoter but not anymore. Last time I Dj was for the Beatz & Barz event in Chicago. I grew up listening to bad role models like: Three 6 mafia. Their music made me feel like a whole different person. But quite honest I can't remember when was the last time I played any of their songs. I struggled when I listened to my last bad example: Waka Flocka. Now his music controlled me and made me wanna hit somebody or just act reckless. I believe that music is a powerfull, yet basic thing to moves us. We just need to take the decision and see where is taking us. Either close to GOD or away from him. I took my decision. I'm currently on the road towards JESUS! Thank GOD!

gabriela saucedo said...

Yes , agreed. It was an opener to see the lyrics.[Issachar, Westpark]

Brittany Lavallie said...

Honestly, music is something I enjoy a lot. There are bad role models like Lil Wayne and Lady Gaga, and etc. I used to enjoy their music A LOT. I thought it had no problem, its only music. But it gave me mixed emotions. Feeling hyper, then depressed, jumpy, calm, sentimental, and etc.

Brittany Lavallie said...

Honestly, music is something I enjoy. I used to listen to people like Lil Wayne, Lady Gaga, Nicki Minaj, Drake, and etc. Because their music is really easy to understand and memorizable. I never knew the thoughts the devil were putting into my head were caused from that-music. Now im more careful because it does have an effect on you.

Jennifer Soriano said...

Lil Wayne was saying that he wasn't a role model to anyone. But really Lil Wayne you are being a role model to soo many people and youths. We shouldn't look up to him as a role model because he is not a good role model at all.

Chrissy2497 said...

I challenged my tribe to do just this...listen to the lyrics. It's an eye opener.

Chrissy2497 said...

I challenged my tribe to do this very thing. It's an eye opener.

Esty said...

Is funny how the devil works, in so many ways,even on music,still now im always on alert to songs that is not well for my spiritual life,thank god im not influence,even now I still need to be careful...

stefani lopes said...

That's so True ypg really did open my eyes! and I never stopped to think about lady gaga....SO true!! thanks pastor luke.. i learned alot!

Genesis J. Vielman said...

Lil wayne and lady gaga has been one of the most influetial singers out there.
Is just so revolting to see this interview of lil wayne... thanks for this eye opener!!