Friday, February 24, 2012

Are You Ready to Quit?






One of the most frequently asked question is ‘What do I have to do to have an encounter with God?’

Well, in short - SACRIFICE! There's no other way. If you don’t decide to truly put your life on the altar, meaning to close your eyes and ears to the things of the world and discipline yourself obey God, you'll not see this great change in your life.

You have to neglect and turn your back on the things of the flesh (which most often than not, are the things you like the most e.g. gossiping, listening to worldly music, fornicating etc.) because these are the things that separate us from God.

If like many young people you are asked, ‘what is the plan for your life?’ you, like they, will undoubtedly say that you want to be successful, to have money etc. But what I am talking about here is beyond this.

“Are you ready to be a quitter? ”

So far you are heading in the same direction as any other youth in this world. Though you have to have your dreams of achieving great things in this world you must remember that the ultimate dream, the most important thing is your salvation. If you don’t have this, all the other things don’t matter.

The heat in Texas summer is almost unbearable. But that’s not even 1% of what the Bible describes as the lake of fire. It’s such torment that the Bible says that people will look for death because they want to die and escape the pain but death will run from them.

If we don’t fight for our salvation then we are fools! There's no point having money, cars, homes, etc; if you don’t have your salvation.

This is why we need the Spirit of understanding. To discern and know what God is trying to tell us - to know what is good and what is not, in order to conquer and maintain our salvation.

If you have not yet reached this point of having the new birth it’s because there are things around that you have not decided to let go of. It may be a tiny thing that seems so insignificant but if it remains, there's a huge barrier between you and God.

The question is, are you ready to be a quitter? To quit living your old life, your fleshy desire and to let go of that thing that is currently impeding you from really knowing God? Like many youths in the church, you say you want God’s plan for your life, but if your life is not 100% on the altar, meaning to live according to His rules, then all you are doing is 'blah blah blah'…you have to take action!

Be honest with yourself. What is impeding you from getting closer to God?


Luke Castro
YPG National Coordinator


12 comments:

gabriela saucedo said...

That's very true i was like that I was not yet ready to sacrifice but I say I wanted to change. So far to get where I am noew I hanehad to sacrifice. Even now adays maybe I want to do something for myself, but I have to remember to sacrifice myself especially for my salvation on which I carry with me everywhere I go and in my every thought. I'm not saying is easy no it's REALLY hard but without sacrifice there's no success.
(Benjamin,Westpark)

Jennifer Soriano said...

For everything we have to sacrifice. Everything that we do requires sacrifice, the things from the world do. If we sacrifice for the world why can we sacrifice for God. We should do more for Him that for somebody else.
Jennifer from Westpark and Simeon :-)

vikky said...

Victoria westpark. It's true its very hard at first to stop doing thing from this world but with the Holy Spirit everything will go right and we won't need stuff from this world because God will give us everything we need all we have todo is give our lifes 100% to Him

Marlon said...

We need to let go everything that work as an obstacle and be humble and honest to receive the Holly Spirit and God' plenitude, but we must sacrifice our life on the Altar. I'm Marlon from Westpark and belong to GAD.

Anonymous said...

ARE YOU READY TO LET GO OF THE WORLD AND GIVE YOUR LIFE 100% TO GOD? IF YOU SAY YES DON'T QUIT WHEN YOUR HALFWAY DONE DONT QUIT WEN LIFE IS HARD DONT QUIT ON GOD CAUSE HE WILL NEVER QUIT ON YOU HE BELIEVES IN YOU HE LOVES YOU IT WONT BE EASY BUT AT THE END WE WILL HAVE OUR GREATEST REWARD OUR SALVATION BUT YOU GOTTA DO YOUR PART AND GOD WILL.DO HIS AT THE END OF A LONG TUNNEL THERES LIGHT FIGHT FOR UR SOUL DNT QUIT ON GOD:) im michael from the tribe of simeon:)

fer said...

It's true we don't want to sacrificed our lifes because we think that we can make good choices in our lifes without God but that's the first wrong choice.That's how I used to think, but since I sacrifice my life to God and let Him guide me everything change.Fernando GAD west park

fer said...

It's true we don't sacrifice because we're scared to give our life to God thinking in what the others said, think or do to us that's how I used to think. But really we don't know what we missing when God is always with us.

Evelinth Cuero said...

I agree with what you said Pr.Luke, because we need to sacrifise to get our salvation. But this passage is really strong, it left me thinking, what do I have to leave to receive my salvation?
Evelinth
Tribe Simeon
Miami, Florida.

stefani lopes said...

im ready to quit but only for him. stefani simeon pompano ypg florida

Anonymous said...

Very true, w/ out sacrifice their is no encounter with God!

Anonymous said...

Very true! Their needs to be sacrifice to have an encounter with God!

Genesis J. Vielman said...

Very true indeed, I remeber when I was first was taking my baby steps tours my deliverance and how I came to realize that everything I would do for God was worthless, if I was not ready to sacrifice in other words ready to be a quiter, I struggled so much because of it. SACRIFICE is key in really being a quitter in the things that leads us away from having an encounter with God and best unique ingridient to making it worth tasting:)
Genesis- Magnolia