Tuesday, August 30, 2011

WHEN... is the right time? (part I)




In the last post we explained how to know who is the right person for you to spend the rest of your life with and avoid any type of surprises.

Today I would like to talk about WHEN is the right time to start thinking about your love life. Of course, to not think about it is quite impossible, I know. However, I hope to make you understand that it's not a problem to think about it, unless you think with your heart and not with your gray mass.

I'd like to start off talking about DATE and COURTING (you probably never heard of this one before).

According to the dictionary:

DATE2 informal a social or romantic appointment or engagement.

COURTING - be involved with romantically, typically with the intention of marrying.

Can you spot the difference? COURTING is no longer part of our street-like vocabulary. It's kind old fashioned. Hence the problems caused by DATING.

Today it's all about DATING. You meet, kiss, sleep together, have a baby and if so, you get married. It's completely the opposite from what we heard from our ancestors (I say ancestors because even our recent ones, such as our parents, failed on this one).

COURTING is all about getting to know the person so you can move on and get married, and not to kiss and roll in the sack. You're interested in what you two might have in common or any dissimilarity. This isn't cool nowadays, I know. Would rather be cool than be sure? It's your call.



To be continued.




Pr Luke Castro
YPG National Coordinator




4 comments:

Danny Martinez said...

Courting, that is a great word and man yes, it is old school, but see Pastor Luke, even if people think is not cool, I would rather do this than man end up messing my life up like I almost did when I lost my virginity at a young age. Yeah man just hearing all my brothers and homeboys pressuring me to have sex and mess around with them girls, yeah man I allowed that to get to me, but man having done that, that affected me because then I always had that with me bothering me in my mind telling me that I need to keep on doing that and there was a bad root which I had dug in my life which then developed into watching stuff that I am not to, and it became worse, but Thank God man I cut that root and man yeah now Thank God understand that man we have to date, find and have the Holy Spirit and Pray for our future pair, and Establish a Relationship with God before anything else, and now courting man, God Bless Pastor Luke and the whole family and everyone else man!

Mariana Abreu said...

So true is why we see a lot of people struggling on they relationship, because they don't use they head they use the heart!
In Faith

Marcia said...

Oh those courting times get so in style when the person is filled with the Holy Spirit. =0) And yes, spiritual people with a close relationship with God, enjoy it.

Genesis J. Vielman said...

We have to be smart for our sake... courting is very. Important to understand if you are truly interest in not messing up out there... we have to think what decision will bring glory or even shame to Gods name!