Tuesday, July 13, 2010

A Word To The Proud



You read the title and probably thought it wasn't addressed to you, right?


You come to church almost everyday; you are the first to come to the front when the pastor asks ‘who wants to give their life to God?’. Many times you stand before the altar agreeing in prayer with the pastor, calling upon God, crying, asking to be like Him. But the moment you leave, you forget everything that you said and heard – why are you mocking God?

You hear about the dangers of certain types of music and many other vices of the world, but the moment you step outside the door of the church you drop everything you heard! - Why are you mocking God?

You know that the crowd you hang around with only bring you further and further away from God but you insist with that - why are you mocking God?


"Don’t you know that God resists the proud?"


You may have the appearance of a saint and everything appears to be perfect but deep down you wonder why things never change, why it’s taking so long for you to change?

You look at others and even blame them for your situation but things never change because you are rebellious in your spirit. You are proud! Don’t you know that God resists the proud?

You come to receive instruction from God every time you come to church but refuse it. God is telling you one thing, showing you one way but you refuse to obey. What is that? – Pride! If you are not His servant, then why call Him Lord? If you are not His child why call Him Father?

Dear friend, take heed.

We are all full of imperfections and mistakes but if we are not ready to confess this to God, it doesn’t make much sense in you praying and calling upon Him. Humble yourself and ask God to remove all pride from your heart. Let go of everything that impede you from growing closer to Him



"Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven." (Matthew 5:3)




Pr Luke Castro
YPG National Coordinator 


6 comments:

Uma Sirena said...

Olá, Pr Luke!
Essa mensagem é muito forte... Não só essas, como todas as outras. Diz muito a respeito de todosos jovens que estão "firmes" no YPG e se dizem filhos d'Ele... Mas na verdade, estão distantes.

Abraços.

diana - fort worth! said...

strong mesage & thank you for sharing pr luke God bless..

Bianca Moctezuma said...

Really strong message! I know I used to be like this, always had pride, would appear to be saint at church, but right when i left i would forget and go back to the same things. Always used to hang out with the wrong crowd that didn't add
anything to my life.
Thank God open my eyes and now i only serve God.

Unknown said...

I have always heard about pride before and I even thought that I understood the concept pretty well, but I realize after reading this blog that my views on how pride works and or even what it is was not totally correct. I'm glad that I was able to read this and without a doubt this along with my faith being put into action will help me grow more then ever spiritually. Gracias mi Senor Jesus por aver abierto mis ojos a la verdad.
Que me los bendiga abundantemente
GOD BLESS

dineo said...

I thank GOD for having descovered this blog,even as i don't have all the time to myself for me to visit,i admire it.
I have recently been praying to GOD as i was certainly what you are talking about here,im now ready to give upall things and ecspecially my pride so that i can grow closer to GOD.please pray for me bcoz i dont want to be only the hearer of the Word i want to be the doier as well.....
dineo

siomara dos santos said...

Thank you for this message is something we all have to watch.