Friday, December 18, 2009

Invictus



I went to the cinema together with my wife to watch this fabulous movie which depicts part of Nelson Mandela's story of forgiveness and resilience after the apartheid. A must-watch film.

You can find below the poem Mandela quoted in his time in prison.


In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.



Nelson Mandela


1 comment:

samantha said...

My name is Samantha from groupo SIMEON in Pompano Beach, FL. What I understood from this was that when you haven't forgiven another only feelings of hate, anger, & more dwell inside you. But when you finally forgive only feelings of happiness, freedom, & more dwell inside yourself.