Wednesday, October 27, 2010

My 40 Days So Far





I'm sure you'll agree that for most young people, one of the hardest things to deal with, especially during this 40 Day Challenge, is family issues. But while most youths will back-chat and throw temper tantrums, Rosalyn decided to stick to her vow and deal with things God’s way. What was the result?..

"Most of the time I would come to church, leave and just go off to do my own thing. That was one of the reasons me and my mum would argue. She didn’t want me coming to church because she saw I was not serious. There were a lot of things going on in my life and with my family; that’s why I am taking part in the 40 Day Challenge. I want everything to change. When we started I got a diary and wrote down everything I wanted to achieve and let go of during the Challenge.

"Rosalyn decided to stick to her vow and deal with
things God’s way. What was the result?.."

"I numbered the days in my diary and have been crossing out what I achieve as the days pass. One of the things on my list was for my mum to be healed-she had sickle cell, an inherited blood disorder. The older you get, (like in your 30’s) the worse the condition gets, because your body can’t handle it. That’s what was happening with my mum, she was getting sick all the time and feeling weak and I started getting scared seeing her like that.

"When the 40 Days started this was on my list and it was something I prayed for everyday. Last week Friday she came home from the doctors and looked so shocked. When she told me the doctors said she hasn’t got sickle cell anymore, I couldn’t believe it. I started laughing and she started crying. This showed me that if I took God seriously from the beginning, my mum could have been healed a long time ago. Back then, I was just doing what was comfy but this time, because I decided to challenge myself and gave my all to God in this Challenge, He saw my sacrifice and answered. It’s been hard but I’m determined to make it to the last day of the 40 days."

Rosalyn, YPG UK

Food for thought: You can do something about your family problems, even if only to control the way you feel and handle yourself.


Pr Luke Castro
YPG National Coordinator


2 comments:

Susana said...

Pastor Luke,
I realize now that I need to try harder during this 40 day challenge. Just like Rosalyn, once she got serious with God, God helped her and healed her mother. Everyday needs to count and we can't forget that the 40 days isn't over.

Susana Ortega
RI, USA

Alicia Montalvo said...

My goodness, this has really inspired me. My brother has sickle cell too, wow, what faith can do.