Sunday, September 12, 2010

Furnishing




Equip your house with what’s NECESSARY.

Would you build a house from the inside first, and raise the walls later? Would you arrange the furniture first before laying the foundation and building the structure? No. You would be a fool to do that.

The furniture is the last thing you add to the house, even though you might have an idea of how you’d like it to look.

Unfortunately, that’s exactly what some young people do. Instead of spending their teenage years working the ground and digging deep, as we learned these last two Sundays, they want the furniture first.

The furniture here represents your love life. Your love life can’t be just any “cheap” asset. It must be the perfect match for the rest of the house. It has to fit.

Many youths don’t want to respect this law of life. They are in too big of a hurry. They need a girlfriend or boyfriend; they need to feel the adrenaline rush of being “in love.” They forget about a career, an education or faith, just dive into an experience that you’ll pay for dearly in the end. We’ve seen so many young girls abandoning their studies and their dreams because they got pregnant. Others, both guys and girls, ended up contracting a disease.   

Worrying about having a relationship now is equivalent to arranging the furniture before building the house. It makes no sense.


Just think. If you get into a relationship right now, will you marry that person in one year? Probably not. You still have other things to accomplish that are more important, such as your relationship with God (Foundation) and your career (Structure). That unhealthy relationship will just drag on and on, attracting more disappointments while everyone else passes you by. 



Pr Luke Castro
YPG National Coordinator


4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Susana said...

This is very true. Today youths just want to have things right away and sometimes I find myself doing that. But we must understand that there is a time for everything. With God, His timing is right and we just have to be patient. First, we have to think about the foundation, which is our relationship with God and the structure which is our career.

Susana Ortega
Rhode Islnad

Maura Carolina Olivera said...

I agree. I can´t say that from time to time I dont think about getting married and all that kind of thing, but most of the time I try to see the subject from an intelligent point of wiew. I have not finished college yet, I don´t heve the finacial independence I crave, and I have spoiled my relationship with God a couple of times, to say it lightly. How could I face a relationship now with a man, and either break him down, or break me down? It is not possible. So, my plan is first things first: God (He is the most important being here, I don´t want to make the same mistakes again), then my carrer and getting the financial stanbility and properity I want and then we will see. Maybe I will start the Therapy of Love chain. But only after I have straightened averything else, foundations and structure of my life.

Anonymous said...

THIS IS VERY TRUE,
WITHOUT A FOUNDATION AND STRUCTURE IN A HOUSE THEN WHY THE NEED OF FURNITURE? WHY RUSH IF WE ARE INCOMPLETE AND NOT WELL STRUCTURED. THE BIBLE TEACHES US TO SEEK GOD AND HIS KINGDOM FIRST AND THEN EVERYTHING WILL BE ADDED. WHY THROW OUR LIFE AWAY BY MAKING DECISIONS THAT WILL RUIN THE REST OF OUR LIFE. ONCE WE ARE WELL FOUNDED AND STRUCTURED THEN WE WILL BE READY FOR THIS DECISION.